Monday, June 22, 2009

Samaritan Woman

I walked to the well that day. There was a man there, he was not much to look at, but he spoke to me.

I don’t know why because his kind never speaks to my kind.

When he spoke something moved me. He knew the deepest darkest desires of my heart.

He understood me in a way no man had before. Yes, it was true that whole town knew who I was. I can see it in their faces when I walked by.

He was different. His eyes and voice penetrated every wall I built.

All the things that people had said about me it was all gone in an instant.

He said something strange to me, something about living water that only he could give. He said I would never thirst again. Can you imagine water you can drink and never again thirst?

Even though I didn’t understand, I wanted that water.

So I said yes.

He touched my face and I felt like a waterfall rushed over me. It was cool and refreshing. All of a sudden I was lighter somehow, I was free!

There was something I was missing in the depths of me I never knew what it was but this man fulfilled it. It was this deep place in me that I didn’t know was empty.

I felt full and complete, something I’d never experienced before.

Joy over flowed every one of my senses. I couldn’t stop laughing, smiling, and jumping up and down.

I had to tell everyone that I met about this man named Jesus!

I screamed in the streets about how he changed my life.

One drink from Him was all I needed to be changed forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment