Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stario types and fish balls

Sawa dee ka...means hello in Thai at least for girls that is. This being my first time in Thailand I didn't know what to expect or what I would encounter. As I walked on the streets smelling the street vendors and seeing the limbless beggars I started being awakened to the charms of Thailand. The culture is alive with honor and respect for one another. They love and laugh and love to laugh...

As we explored on the first couple days there was a sense of settling and peace that came over me. No more was Thailand a mystery for me but there she was in all her beauty, a child with out shoes crawling on the filthy streets. It was more then a human love that I have begin accessing for this country. You can hear the land and people crying out for an enounter with love.

I noticed on the first couple days these older white men with kaki shorts and sunglasses hanging around their neck walking around with young Thai women..young being in my mind early 20's. It wasn't even hidden this thing called prostitution that rips and tears at the very fabric of what we are created for. There they were walking sometimes a step or 2 behind their benefactors..there they were the desire of the Father heart of God.

On the first day I saw so many of these type men with these women I started making stario types in my mind. White Australians, New Zealanders..Americans perpetuating a 3 billion dollar industry for what a few minutes of pleasure? What inside of them is so broken that they spend thousands of dollars to come here to have sex with women and children? The questions and the stario types were pilling up..what are they missing and how will God answer their cries?

As we joined Night Light on outreach one of the first nights we were aware that the atmosphere that we walked into was heavy and serious. You could feel the weight of what we came into, knowing that tonight we were entering the enemies camp and releasing the light it felt like such an honor. We prayed and declared for an hour while upstairs a deliverance happening..I looked around the room at all these women who had been reaching out in the bars some of them for years..their faces told the stories of battles fought and won and battles fought and lost. Their focus was millitant and on the front lines you could feel the flint like focus they had to maintain.

We walked out into the streets after sharing a meal together and walked passed a line and into the territory of the enemy..I kept telling myself I'm here to enforce the victory that has already been won. This is illegal no matter who has agreed with it why because Jesus, His blood is enough. As we walked into the strip club I felt this overwhelming since of love for these beautiful girls. My heart was so full of love and I just wanted to hold them all and tell them how beautiful they were.

There she was a young girl maybe 12 at most 14, dancing away showing most of her body in a culture where modesty and descresion is a high value. I looked from across the room into her eyes and they were lifeless. I thought she should be worrying about the Jonas brothers and how well she's doing in school instead of being here dancing for money..money what was the pull again? Oh yes that's it, go to pooreset of the poor tell them they can have 70,000 baht a month ($2,100) but they have to let you do what ever you want to to their bodies...I would check out too..I don't blame her for loosing the life in her eyes but more and more I'm hating the devil.

Being with the women at Night Light I got why they had millitant heart. One girl came over seeing people who are there weekly gives her a sense of ease knowing we are there just to talk. When I saw her walk over to us I knew instantly she was a leader..Beautiful strong woman, leader what's the word for leader in Thai I don't know but there she was..If she became the gracefilled version of herself she would be unstoppable in the Kingdom. I could see her leading so many into freedom..strong heart yes that what she has a strong heart. My translator said you have a strong heart, she said thank you and then she started coughing and took a shot of vodka. Soar throat? Yes..can we pray for you? Yes..Praying with club music pumping in the back ground..no more sickness! better? yes..thank you..Jesus right here was encountering a girl who had just started her night of dancing for money. She was not ready to hear how Jesus loved her but she will remember he loved her enough to heal her of a soar throat. We were done..hard when you don't speak Thai but we leaked enough glory for tonight. As we walked out more white men came in..My heart towards them turned to over whelming love...Their father in heaven loves them more then they will ever know.

We walked out passing ladyboys and teenagers dressed in pleather and fish nets. Is that fair trade clothing? Ha..not so much I don't think. Random thought as you are walking out of a club. I kept thinking what..what kind of business can we have that would rival the pay that they would make at the club? How can we encourage them to stay in school? What would their dreams be if they were free?

Their dreams now are to marry a white man so that they can come to America and be rich, poor girls they have so much more inside of them. What if they are brilliant scientists but because they don't go to school they don't know they have a passion to discover the world. What if they are amazing musicians but they don't know it because they've never touched a guitar or piano. What if they have inside of them the ability to dream a complicated chemical formula that cures aids? All these questions in my head what can we do what is the stradegy of heaven not just for these women to survive but for them to thrive and walk in the fullness of who they were created to be.

After talking with the head of Night Light I realized that the problem wasn't getting the girls out of the bars it was keeping them out. The finances for their jewelry are at an all time low and this affects the women's salary and prevents Night Light from taking any more women in. Where's the money? Where's the answer to not only sustaining power but growing power? I know Jesus has the answer for this nation and he will give the stradegy but I pray it won't take that long.

In the famines God always blessed the children of Isreal. Jacob was blessed 3 times over with wealth while all the rest of the land was dying...Dear Jesus bless Night Light with the abundance of heaven enough money to put the plans and stradegies they already have into action...release the weath of the nations into the restoration and transformation of this land..

No comments:

Post a Comment