Sunday, June 27, 2010

Where is the Covenant?

Here in the last month or so this idea that not many covenant marriages are coming forth is forever seeming to be the topic of singles conversations. Where? When? Maybe? Who? Lists? Standards? Brokenness? God's will? Fantasy? Reality? The best? Compromise?Destiny?Stability?Future?Past?Fear?Failure? All these questions plaguing the minds of singles in the body of Christ. There are more but the gist is confusion. I don't have the answer and I'm not pretending I do but I would like to express my thoughts on some discussion that I experienced earlier this week. First, I felt like we need to divorce the person in our mind because fantasy will always leave you in fantasy and reality will go by without you ever interacting with it until its too late.
This need for men to have all their ducks in a row before committing or this need for women to have the ideal romeo before saying I do to me is not reality. When we negate relationship for material or fantasy we are interacting with the spirit of prostitution. Think about what prostitutes do. They trade false intimacy for money and they play the role of fantasy to have their client escape from reality.
I believe strongly that the single people in the body of Christ need to wake up to reality that their covenant relationship is something to fight for. We struggle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. This war for covenant isn't for our sake but for the sake of our children. When we understand that our children are going to walk into the Kingdom with thousands of generations of revelations behind them we understand what the enemy is up to. Every time a deliverer was born there was a mass genocide of children.. in Egypt Pharaoh killed all the babies because Moses was to be born, Herod killed all the new born boys because Jesus was to be born. Now the enemy would kill all the covenant relationship, plus abortion, plus broken covenant, plus the growing rate of homosexuality, all that focused on killing a generation that will carry the Glory and revelation of the Kingdom, walking in the fullness of Light.
The fact that we sit and argue about right and wrong and occupy our time with rules and regulations just gives the time to the enemy..I don't know about you but I'm jealous as God is jealous. I'm jealous over my future husband and children and grandchildren and great grandchildren. I'm jealous over the fact that they will live life and live it abundantly and to the fullness of what they were created for. I will not let the enemy steal hopes, dreams, love, faith, and peace. If I don't remain militant protecting my legacy, the sanctity and holiness of it I give free reign for the enemy to release his poison into my life and the life of my children. I am not ready to give the power and authority over to the selfish purposes of the enemy.
Instead I will remain tied in intimacy through Love to my creator in all things pursuing Him!
I do know one thing it's worth it. He's worth it. The Bride of Christ is worth it. My destiny is worth me being 100% present in the moment enjoying the King and His creation. I'm passionate about protecting the sanctity of my future marriage and children. Whatever you do as a single person just remember it's about the One and His name is Jesus!!

1 comment:

  1. omgsh I just emailed a friend about this, and when I decided to blog it, I saw this- some of my thoughts, exactly. It must mean it's time for the breaking off of these blocks. Let's kick back, relax, and watch them all fall.

    ReplyDelete